Peerpoint consultant lawyer - banking & finance litigation
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working as self-employed lawyers with Allen & Overy and directly with clients. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
We are currently looking for highly skilled and self-driven lawyers with top tier banking and finance litigation and regulatory investigations experience.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of four years' post-qualification experience at a magic circle law firm or a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- preferably have in-house legal experience at leading financial services institutions (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.
Examples of recent opportunities
Client assignments can range from stepping into a team to support a project to taking on a senior manager role working on major transactions or regulatory change projects or implementation. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week.
You may also have the opportunity to work within Allen & Overy on an ad-hoc basis, supporting teams when needed or joining them for fixed periods to work on a deal.
Examples of recent opportunities in this area include:
- senior disputes lawyer managing major disputes and investigations across the global network of an international bank;
- mid-level litigation lawyer assisting a high-profile bank in respect of an FX investigation;
- associate supporting A&O's litigation team on a high-profile commercial fraud dispute; and
- senior litigator leading a regulatory investigation within a commercial bank.