Costs Draftsperson / Lawyer
About the role and team
Our personal injury and clinical negligence team has an envious national reputation and is consistently ranked as a leading department in its field by Chambers UK and Legal 500. There is now a need to recruit a part time costs lawyer on the basis of a 25-30 hour week and on an initial 18 month fixed term contract, on the conclusion of which there is a possibility the role can be extended or made permanent.
About the candidate
You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of detailed costs budgets in accordance with court directions and timetable;
- Preparation of detailed bills of costs, schedules for agreement, estimates of costs, statements of costs for summary assessment and Legal Aid Agency claim forms relating to Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims;
- Drafting Replies to Points of Dispute and entering into costs negotiations;
- Lodging/submitting bills and claims for assessment by the courts or Legal Aid Agency as appropriate;
- Providing advice and support in relation to costs and funding to fee earners as needed;
- Attending and undertaking advocacy, where appropriate, at detailed assessment and costs management hearings.
Strong candidates will have experience of:
- Previous experience in a legal costs role;
- Knowledge of costs law and practice;
- Knowledge of the Legal Aid Agency Costs Regulations;
- Ability to understand and formulate legal argument;
- Excellent IT skills, including CostsMaster software.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.