IT Network Analyst
This advert is for a day rate contractor
The Network Analyst is responsible for the support and development of Norton Rose Fulbright LLP’s data and voice infrastructure. The team is part of our third-line services at Norton Rose Fulbright and as such, can come under considerable pressure to complete tasks to tight time scales. Ours is a 24 hour a day operation and candidates will need to be flexible and able to work out of hours as required and provide out of hours support as per on-call rota. As well as working across our UK-based locations, International travel may be required for project delivery.
The Network Analyst reports to the EMEA Network Manager and is a 6 month contract to backfill the team during heavy project load with the possibility of an extension
The role will involve but is not limited to:
Delivery [Typically 20%]
- Deliver solutions in adherence to the EMEA infrastructure delivery programme and conforming to NRF’s project methodology
- Creation of technical documentation and provision of education/knowledge transfer for IT and Level 1 and 2 teams.
- In cooperation with the Security team, implement and maintain data security best practices in network and unified communications solutions
Support [Typically 80%]
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support for the production services by addressing live issues that require a configuration change or which the higher level support teams have been unable to resolve.
- Building good working relationships with the Service Delivery, infrastructure support and Business Support teams.
- Maintain appropriate support documentation and ensure training plans are in place with an adequate breadth of knowledge with the team to enable full supportability.
- Must be a hands on and proactive person who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Keep abreast of market trends and product capabilities by conducting regular reviews with vendors: Cisco, Microsoft, Riverbed, Polycom
- Ability to work with and manage 3rd party infrastructure support vendors
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the EMEA Network Manager.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future network needs.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in implementing and supporting routing and switching solutions based on cisco technologies (65xx, 38xx and Nexus platforms) for a global organization
- Strong technical knowledge of routing and signaling protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, SIP
- Experience of managing a global MPLS WAN along with optimization technology (Riverbed)
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN prioritisation of voice and video traffic and providing Quality of Service (QoS) for voice and video
- Experience of firewall architecture and use of Checkpoint, Cisco or similar firewalls.
- Experience of troubleshooting remote access technologies(Citrix, Cisco Anyconnect VPN)
- Familiarity of telephony solutions (Cisco Call Manager, Skype for Business, Lync).to provide network level support
- Extensive experience in the diagnosis and resolution of network issues including packet-level analysis (Wireshark).
- Knowledge and experience of working internet web proxies and security gateways
- Assist the Enterprise Architecture team in the design and integration of network solutions.
- Work with Solution Architects and project teams to ensure understanding of network solutions
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of voice and data problems for end users; recommend and implement corrective solutions.
Demonstrate experience and competence in the following areas:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience in working across separate legal entities with region specific requirements whilst maintaining a global view.
- Conformance with internal change control processes and other relevant standards and procedures.
- Being part of the team to deliver and explore additional sources and uses for document management solutions in Norton Rose Fulbright.
- Must be a team participant who is able to communicate effectively and have a methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Ability to understand technical concepts and develop solutions within established standards
- Ability to understand the business processes and commercial concepts to interact with business stakeholders and service providers at a peer level.
- Aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail and good documentation skills
- CCNP and CCDP are all preferred qualifications for this role