Associate - Corporate
An opportunity has arisen in the London Corporate department for an Associate with experience of general M&A, private equity and Warranty and Indemnity insurance (W&I). This role has been created to support the Corporate Partners build out the W&I business so an interest in W&I is essential.
As well as relevant work experience, the successful candidate will have excellent business development skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced transactional role.
The role offers the chance to work with a fast growing and market leading practice that acts for a diverse client base ranging from founder-led start-ups to private equity firms and other asset managers, major corporates, global insurers and other leading financial institutions.
The role sits within a global platform, offering a wide breadth of work and cross border deals.
The team is part of the Corporate Group and is focused on financial institutions, Insurance and private equity. The Corporate Group is recognised as a leading corporate finance practice.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong background in general M&A
- A keen interest in W&I and experience of advising both insureds and insurers on W&I transactions
- Experience of managing multi-jurisdictional projects
- Experience of a similar role at a leading legal practice
- An international outlook and entrepreneurial mindset
- Business development skills and enthusiasm to help build our practice further
- Excellent academic background
Candidates also are expected to:
- Support the development of the W&I practice
- Focus on efficiency
- Develop our business/clients (maintain client relationships and deliver excellent service)
- Work effectively with and through people
- Promote and demonstrate ‘good citizenship’ (values and strategic priorities)