Event Coordinator - 12 month FTC
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Department Purpose and Structure
Work in HR for Allen & Overy and you join a team at the heart of one of the best law firms in the world. We have a culture of excellence here which is second to none. We currently work with more than 3,000 lawyers who are at the top of their game and provide the world’s biggest businesses with the best legal advice there is. So when it comes to the services provided to them, they need and expect the best.
The Training Events team are responsible for the smooth running and logistics associated with over 200 training programmes developed and delivered by Allen & Overy's Talent & Development department. The training programmes are provided for all levels of fee earner as well as support staff across the global offices.
As part of a team of 7, the role holder is responsible for the event management of a suite of training programmes and the provision of administration support to the Talent and Development Managers. The training events will be organised for all levels within the Firm and throughout our Global network and therefore the effective and efficient handling of all related queries is imperative, as is a willingness to travel and work outside normal working hours
- Global Learning and Development Team
- HR Shared Services Team Belfast
- Business Services -Front of House -Reservations London -Security
- Various external training providers
- Client Facing HR Managers Globally.
Role and Responsibilities
- The role will require someone who is highly organised, efficient and who enjoys getting the job done.
- The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Arrange all pre and post logistics for a number of different training events
- Liaising with teams virtually in the A&O Global Offices to supply all the pre event information required to ensure the training runs smoothly
- Collating collateral for training programmes
- Managing the event budgets
- Preparing and amending documentation as required
- Providing on-site support at events both in-house and at external venues
- Ad hoc project work
- The role will ideally suit an individual with a strong event management background who enjoys checking everything is well organised and has experience in a professional services environment.
- Suited to an enthusiastic, efficient candidate with exceptional administrative and prioritisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both with internal and external clients
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills across both client groups
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects & deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills , both written & oral
- Proven team working skills
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective and efficient with data management and databases
- Professional in outlook, attitude & appearance
- Willingness to work extra hours when required
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, with a commitment to getting the job done.
- Strong client focus and ability to form strong working relationships across a large and diverse organization
- Experience of delivering process improvement