Associate - Property Litigation, NQ-1 PQE
Purpose of role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a newly or recently qualified lawyer to join our eminent Tier 1 rated Property Litigation team in Milton Keynes.
This thriving, progressive and growing practice is run by two partners. Bryan Johnston is described by Legal 500 as being ‘sensible and pragmatic with excellent client handling skills’ and ‘runs an excellent team of property litigators'. David Payton is 'a pleasure to work with’.
The role spans across all contentious aspects of property related litigation for both commercial and residential clients. Typical work areas include development disputes, advising on property contracts, all aspects of landlord and tenant work, leasehold enfranchisement, property insolvency, advising on restrictive covenants and easements.
The successful candidate will join, learn and be mentored by an '‘outstanding’ team of lawyers that has ‘a solid knowledge base" and fields an exceptional and enviable portfolio of clients.
The role would be ideal for a newly qualified solicitor, however we would consider candidates up to 1 year PQE. This position offers a wide and varied workload coupled with excellent career prospects.
• You will take a supporting role on a variety of disputes across a range of sectors
• Build and maintain client relationships
• Advise on day-to-day property litigation issues for a variety of clients
• Contribute to business development activities, including participating in a dedicated business
development group for junior lawyers at the firm
• Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes
• You will have completed a training contract seat in either property litigation, real estate or dispute resolution
• You will possess a strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
• You have the ability to work with a degree of independence
• You will possess good drafting skills and legal research ability
• Is dedicated to exceptional client service
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
• Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
• Is a committed team player with a willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the team as a whole
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email firstname.lastname@example.org – Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business