Senior Associate, Financial Regulatory Disputes
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We offer the full range of dispute resolution and contentious regulatory services to retail and investment banks and other financial institutions, covering: acquisition/leverage finance, asset and wealth management, debt capital markets and corporate trusts, debt trading (secondary debt trading, distressed debt trading & loan portfolio trading), derivatives, securitisation and structured products (including CLOs), fraud, insolvency related proceedings, and internal and regulatory investigations.
The matters which we work on are generally of high value both financially and reputationally. They are often highly complex with a multi-jurisdictional element. We understand the importance of the matters we act on to the institution, in particular in the age of enhanced regulatory scrutiny.
We combine our leading dispute resolution and contentious regulatory experience with the regulatory, business, and transaction expertise of our global finance practice. This combination provides the foundation for the effective strategies we regularly develop for clients in enforcing rights, recovering money or assets, defending claims, advising on bribery and corruption issues or assisting with internal or regulatory investigations and involved parties. When needed we work seamlessly with our employment, regulatory and competition colleagues.
- You will already have acquired significant dispute resolution experience and have knowledge of the investment banking industry and other financial institutions. You will have worked on investigations for financial institutions.
- You will be able to contribute to professional development and know-how and participate in training where appropriate
- You will take day to day responsibility for more straightforward matters and actively progress complex matters.
- You will be effective in communicating with clients in order to understand their needs and how best to meet them. You will also have the ability to assist clients in arriving at practical and cost effective solutions. You will actively seek to identify personnel within the client whom you should get to know and be effective in forming those relationships
- You will understand the way our business, competitors and clients are developing and work with the business development team to use this information to develop business opportunities. You will build and maintain a network of business contacts. In addition you will proactively identify opportunities to introduce your clients to other offices and practice areas, working intelligently with partners, other lawyers and the business development team to exploit opportunities
- You will have excellent attention to detail, identifying inconsistencies that indicate problems with quality of work or a misunderstanding of clients' needs
- You will gather information from a variety of sources to identify your own strengths and weaknesses. You will mentor and assist junior associates to promote their learning and development
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified mid-senior level lawyers with relevant post-qualification experience
- Experience of disputes and investigations work in the financial services sector
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs
- A commercial approach
- A previous secondment to a financial institution is desirable