Senior Associate, Litigation & Regulation
We are currently recruiting for Senior Associates to join DLA Piper's global Litigation and Regulatory team in Dublin.
The role will focus on involvement in high value, complex and cross border litigation disputes. Acting for a diverse client and sector base, the successful candidate will gain direct experience in all aspects of dispute resolution, risk and crisis management, and regulatory queries and investigations across multiple industry sectors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of our market-leading global team, candidates will enjoy a broad range of work, acting for domestic and international institutional, developer and corporate clients:
- Advising on all aspects of dispute resolution and risk management of high quality, highly complex disputes across a range of sectors
- Management of disputes and preparation of strategies for dealing with claims
- Drafting, reviewing and amending a range of disputes related documents
- Strategically advising clients and managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Liaising with and taking instruction from clients
- Supervision of junior team members
- Attending client meetings
- Legal research
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE range as an approximate guide for applicants considering this role. Candidates who have between 5 and 8 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the appropriate level of experience needed to be able to successfully undertake this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a mixture of strong litigation and regulatory experience developed at a leading Irish or international firm
- Have experience across financial services, corporate disputes and/or commercial fraud
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to clients
- Be able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Recognise and seize opportunities for the local office and the wider firm, including helping to deveop repeat business
- Build and develop their own network of internal and external contacts
- Have a good awareness of business development initiatives in the department and be able to identify ways to contribute to such initiatives
- Be able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Comply with professional standards and all relevant regulatory obligations
- Comply with the firm's systems, policies and procedures in all matters, including compliance, financial systems and time recording
- Have strong interpersonal skills with proven business development experience
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.