Solicitor - Medical Negligence
DAC Beachcroft Dublin specialises in insurance, professional indemnity, defendant personal injury, health, commercial litigation and employment work.
We offer a local service to all clients, whether based in the UK, Ireland or internationally. Our team of partners, lawyers and support staff work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters.
Since the inception of our Dublin office we have established ourselves as one of Ireland's fastest growing and most recognised firms within our areas of expertise. We have achieved this by providing a unique offering which can be tailored to the specific requirements of each of our clients. We provide this bespoke service incorporating sound, pragmatic and commercial advice in a cost effective way.
• Handling a caseload mainly focused on defending and advising on medical negligence claims.
• Being a contact in developing and maintaining close relations with our insurer clients and their insureds
• Assisting the associates and partners in the day to day running of the office overseeing the associated administrative tasks as and when appropriate
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
• Qualified solicitor in Ireland ideally with 3-5 years relevant experience
• Exposure to the insurance litigation market is preferred
• Medical Negligence experience is essential
• Experience of using alternative forms of dispute resolution
• Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through issues
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be client- focused
• Ability to operate a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships.
Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
• Strong organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling claims.
Benefits (pro rata based on length of contract)
• 24 days annual leave (increasing with service)
• Personal Retirement Savings Account
• Private Medical Insurance
• Group Life Assurance Scheme
• Income Protection Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible Benefits
• Bikes to Work
• Dublin Tax Saver Commuter Scheme
• Flu Vaccination
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.