Solicitor / Associate - Clinical Risk
We are looking to strengthen our Clinical Risk team in Newcastle and therefore we have a range of opportunities for candidates with experience in this field. These roles present an excellent opportunity for ambitious and commercially minded individuals to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
• Handling a challenging caseload of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, MDU, BUPA, Spire and med mal insurers. This will involve drafting pre action protocol letters of response, pleadings, witness statements and counter schedules, instructing experts and counsel, as well as conducting negotiations and mediation of claims .
• Acting as first and primary point of contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice and reports.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
• Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
The Ideal Candidate
• Solicitors with substantial and in-depth defendant clinical negligence experience - ideally 2-6 years' PQE however we will consider NQs with relevant experience.
• Solicitors with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence will also be considered
• Strong commercial understanding of the NHS and their business drivers, including knowledge of and ability to deliver against protocols and KPIs.
• Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.