Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive / Barrister - Property Technical
The team is expanding in all areas and now seeks a number of 0-4 year PQE Solicitor, CILEX or barristers to work on property insurance-related matters including:-
• Property damage recoveries (Claimant work) typically over £150,000 in value and covering incidents involving a range of perils including fire, flood and escape of water;
• Public and product liability matters relating to property damage (Defendant work) of any value; and
• Policy coverage and fraud (advisory and Defendant work) on property damage matters, again of any value.
The candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and client facing activities in order to build the business and his or her career. This is an expanding business with good opportunities for career progression.
This role is in the Technical Property Insurance Team based in Bristol. The Technical Property Insurance team is one of the products comprising the Property service line of the firm's Claims Solutions Group, which is based in both Bristol and Birmingham.
The team provides advice and claims management to the insurance industry.
The team acts for most of the firm's large insurer clients.
• Acting for a number of large commercial / insurer clients in fast and multi-track property insurance litigation disputes. Ideally this experience will demonstrate a mixture of Claimant and Defendant (i.e. recovery and liability) work, also with some coverage and general advisory experience.
• Handling a varied workload in accordance with insurer client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision.
• The ability to exercise full compliance with Client and internal protocols for billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• The ability to meet and exceed a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
• Excellent client care skills
• Commitment to personal and technical development with a view to the delivery of commercially focused legal services to the firm's clients.
• Supporting marketing and business development activities within the team.
• Building effective internal and external networks in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
• Maintaining an awareness of the firm's core strategies and aims.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
• A qualified solicitor, CILEX or barrister with at least six months' relevant litigation experience.
• Commercially and financially astute.
• Technically excellent with an aptitude for accurately analysing and effectively resolving complex claims, to include seeking guidance where appropriate.
• Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day-to-day issues within the team's reporting and supervisory structure.
• Team-oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge and support other members of the team.
• Flexible, proactive and open to innovative working methods.
• IT literate, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.