Solicitor - Corporate (0-4pqe)
Our national corporate team advises on mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, stock market listings and securities offerings, company restructuring and refinancing, management buy-outs and buy-ins, corporate governance and a wide range of other corporate, finance and commercial matters.
The Bristol based corporate team is the cornerstone of a very successful corporate and commercial group based in the Bristol office (turnover £6m+, 30+ lawyers), which has produced highly profitable year-on-year growth in the last five years.
The Bristol corporate team was established by John Williams (ex Slaughter & May) and is now led by James Reed (ex Baker & McKenzie) and is able to attract high quality London work to a regional platform. The team was recently supplemented by the partner hire of Christopher Wall from Kirkland & Ellis as the new Head of Banking based in Bristol. The team has a vibrant and inclusive business development culture which encourages and rewards team contribution. One of the partners within the corporate team joined as a trainee and there is scope for progression for the right candidate.
The team is looking to recruit an additional solicitor with corporate experience to help support its plans for further, profitable growth. Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
• Working as part of a team on a wide range of corporate transactions, supporting partners and associates on the full range of transactional work streams. A successful candidate will have wide opportunities to work directly with clients and their other advisers (e.g. financial and tax).
• Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events and client socials).
• A successful candidate will be Bristol based, but some travel (particularly to London), will be required on an infrequent basis.
• Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications, contributing to the cluster's internal training seminars and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
• A qualified solicitor (ideally 3+ PQE) with strong academic credentials and a proven track record within a similar role.
• Able to demonstrate a track record of dealing with larger corporate clients and in-house Counsel with a breadth of experience.
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.