Solicitor (non fee earning)
The full-time role will be to work with existing members of PG&R, business services teams and fee-earners from across the Group in respect of a range of work with particular emphasis on data protection, information security and business protection supplemented with contractual matters, regulatory compliance, risk and professional ethics.
Data Protection, Information Security and Business Protection
- Assisting and working with the internal data protection, information security and business protection team with matters affecting DAC Beachcroft, including (but not limited to) assisting with the following:
- Queries from staff;
- Due diligence matters arising out of client and supplier engagement;
- Breach and/or incident remediation and notification;
- Data subject requests (particularly assisting on data subject access request reviews);
- Project initiation and progression;
- Helping to raise awareness across the business.
- Assisting and working with other members of the wider PG&R team in relation to:
- Ensuring that the Group develops and maintains appropriate standards in its contractual framework with clients and suppliers;
- Negotiating (and drafting where required) client and supplier contracts; and
- Assisting the bids and development team with the compliance and risk aspects of client bids and pitches.
- Developing and promoting an understanding of the regulatory and professional environment in which the Group operates by building relationships within the Group.
- Delivering training on topical risk areas and regulation, in accordance with business needs.
- Drafting/updating policy documents and guidance notes.
- Maintaining awareness of regulatory/compliance changes and helping to implement the processes to incorporate the necessary changes.
- Liaising with the other business services teams to advise and assist with the implementation of solutions to resolve operational risk issues.
- Responding to queries from the Group relating to the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulation and Group policies pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- Assisting with regulatory reporting requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- A law degree, legal qualification or compliance experience within a comparable team would be an advantage but not essential.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated industry, such as Legal or Financial Services is highly desirable.
- Data protection knowledge would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find solutions.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Good attention to detail.
- Responsive to the demands of the Group, clients and suppliers and have the ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to plan and organise effectively in order to meet business priorities.
- The ability to form working relationships with others, both inside and outside of the PG&R team.
- The ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
- A good team player who is supportive of others within the Group.
- A confident decision maker.
- Responds positively to change and adapts easily to new processes.
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office packages although further training can be given if required.
- Flexibility to travel to other offices as required - this can involve staying away from home.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.