Junior Reporting Analyst
Simmons & Simmons is currently recruiting for a Junior Reporting Analyst to join the London Finance team. Reporting into the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, the financial analysis team provides timely and accurate reporting to the business and its clients, as well as providing guidance as to location of resources to use, secondments, volume discounts and other services, to help increase the profitability of the work we do. The team members would be expected to interact directly with the marketing team, client partners and clients.
What the role encompasses:
- Preparing timely and accurate internal client reporting to client partners and international teams
- Producing, assessing and constructively critiquing external client reporting
- Gaining the trust of the partners, working effectively with the client relationship partners and the Business Development team
- Tracking client volume discounts, flagging when discounts are exceeding thresholds and communicating with the billing, credit control and accounting teams
- Reviewing reports for discrepancies, outliers and other issues
- Assisting the designing reporting to clients, including testing and validating new reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness of data.
- Understanding the clients’ needs and how best we can satisfy them
- Reviewing client and matter profitability providing commentary on key levers of performance including leverage, write-offs, realisation and costs.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for Adaptive consultancy business and presenting to HR stakeholders
- Understanding and providing commentary on KPIs, fee earner utilisation, billings and collections
- Assisting with the production and upload of matter budgets, explaining the matter tracker tool and producing a yearly review.
Key experience required:
- Proven track record of forming strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience of working within professional services – law or consultancy preferable
- Experience in a reporting role or working with large quantities of data
- An accounting qualification preferable but not compulsory
Type of person we’re looking for:
- A can-do, solution oriented approach
- A high attention to detail, and ability to spot discrepancies
- Excellent Excel skills and willingness to learn new systems
- Team player
- Great communication skills including the ability to explain numbers to non-finance professionals
- Ability to form good working relationships – both internally and with our clients
- Ability to work with people remotely
- Ability to set timetables and keep to them
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritise
- Self-motivation and commitment, as well as enthusiasm in supporting new processes and change
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All year round dress down
• We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
• All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact email@example.com with any questions.