Legal Secretary - Public Law & Health Projects
We are currently looking for a Legal Secretary for our Leeds team. The main purpose of this role is to provide an excellent standard of secretarial support to a team of fee earners across the practice area in Leeds. You will also be required to provide support to other practice groups as and when required.
• Proactively manage diaries and diarise actions for fee earners to follow up (e.g. billing, debt collection, action points from cluster plans such as CRM and BD)
• Effective prioritisation of tasks whilst managing a full workload
• Amend and format documents into house style
• Liaise and build relationships as appropriate with clients and their support staff
• Book client and internal meetings
• Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation
• Answer and make telephone calls
• Manage the case management system
• Prepare document bundles for fee earners
• Open and close files
• Set up new clients on the finance system
• File, archive, photocopy, scan documents as and when required
• Ensure that client contact information is kept up to date
• Assist with the booking of travel arrangements
• Liaise with Counsel and other legal representatives
• Proactively assist with ad-hoc business development and communications activities e.g. client contact reports, delegate packs etc.
• Maintain a level of individual knowledge required for the role
• Assist with incoming billing, cash collection and accounts queries
• Effectively work with fee earners and secretarial team members
• Help maintain a clean office and clear desk
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols
• Minute internal meetings
• An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
• A focused client service approach is essential, interacting with clients in a professional manner at all times
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude
• Excellent all-round communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with different audiences at all levels
• Ability to present key messages confidently
• Demonstrable ability to multitask and prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently
• Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
Our Public Law and Health Projects team are a market leading team delivering pragmatic client focussed solutions. We are a team of approximately 30, working across our national network of offices. This recruitment is predominantly to support the northern team members and is based in our Leeds office. The northern team consists of 2 Partners/Legal Directors, 3 Senior Associates, 3 Associate/Solicitors, 2 Paralegals, 1 Consultant and 1 secretary.
About the firm
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.