Legal Technology & Innovation Paralegal / Technologist
Purpose of the Role
An Innovation and Legal Technology Paralegal/Technologist will support the Innovation and Legal Technology team in delivering innovative new solutions and projects to clients across our business.
With the appropriate training and guidance required, your key responsibilities will be:
- Scoping, defining and managing significant technical projects for clients and divisions across the firm
- Assisting at each stage of the development of new products and services, and the delivery to clients of new solutions.
- Configuring client sites, including document automation, alert coding and data visualisation.
- Assisting with the assessment and deployment of new software solutions.
- Interacting with clients regarding project design and delivery.
- Ensuring consistency and appropriate use of processes and programmes used by the team.
- Assisting in analysing data captured by various solutions.
- Ensuring a full suite of records is kept in relation to each live solution to be used by the team for future instances.
- Engaging across the Firm to promote Legal Technology and Innovation including attending internal and external meetings and proactively identifying and promoting opportunities to use technology to solve problems
- Liaising with IT, Infosec, Risk and procurement to ensure the team can react quickly to change whilst operating within firm guidelines for security
- Understanding and applying principles of the IT strategy to deliver innovative solutions which support the firm's longer term technology strategy
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Prior experience of working in a paralegal/innovation role within a commercial law firm
- An understanding of the challenges affecting law firms and the changing legal services market
- An understanding of how legal work is delivered
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills when managing priorities and incoming task requests
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency, consistently demonstrating a flexible proactive "can-do" attitude
- A positive, enthusiastic, conscientious and proactive approach
- Ability to plan and manage larger pieces of work