Head of IT Project Delivery
This newly created role will lead the overall management and execution of internal customer facing Technology programmes and projects to deliver business value. Ensuring programmes and projects are run flexibly and consistently to support timely, predictable delivery of business benefits and optimising the use of resources.
This role is a member of the IT Senior Leadership Team and leads global the Technology programme and project teams.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Provide leadership and governance to establish portfolios, to plan, execute and close programmes/projects and monitor and report on overall project performance
- Optimises the performance of people, measuring and reporting on performance against agreed quality and performance criteria
- Lead project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for strategic, high impact, high risk projects, ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained
- Facilitate effective working relationships within and between teams and motivate teams towards a high level of performance
- Plans and initiate portfolio definition, evaluation and management activities across the full programme and project lifecycle
- Evaluate changes to programme management practices and initiates improvement to organisation practices
- Escalate/engage/influence senior management to take action as appropriate in relation to programme of work
- Manage risk and ensure that any strategic problems are identified at the earliest opportunity and solutions are identified and implemented, in line with change control processes
- Liaise with senior leadership, managing their expectations for projects
- Within a budgetary framework, take management responsibility for an area or complete function within IT
- Ensure that realistic estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements are agreed and carries out the monitoring of projects against these criteria, taking corrective action as necessary
SKILLS AND ATRIBUTES
Has proven programme management and leadership skills, and a good knowledge of demand and supply management
- A thorough understanding of Programme Management methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. e.g. product/work breakdown structures and earned value
- Proven experience of budget management principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to manage costs and ensure cost-effectiveness and value for money
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of methods, techniques and frameworks for negotiating contracts for the supply of IT products and services
- Experienced in risk management identification , assessment and management , which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver products which are fit for purpose
- People Management experience in terms of coaching, mentoring, HR processes, development requirements, advises individuals on career paths, and encourages pro-active development of skills and capabilities
- Ability to retain objectivity understanding of a problem or situation when under stress
- Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints, known risks, and the availability of necessary information and resources
- Understanding commercial considerations and ensuring alignment with them when making decisions or recommending actions
- Proactive, anticipating opportunities for systems, service or product improvement or development and taking appropriate actions
- Awareness and understanding of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Establishes strong relationships, contributing to an open culture and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Effective, approachable and sensitive communicator in different communities and cultures. Ability to adapt style and approach to meet the needs of different audiences
- Conveys a level of confidence and professionalism when engaging with stakeholders, influencing positively and persuading others to take a specific course of action when not in a position of authority
- Helping others to understand their values, needs, goals and limitations and coaching them to develop their effectiveness towards the limits of their potential
- Acts as a role model, setting a high standard, and demonstrating and encouraging the Firm's Values
- Excellent planning, communication and presentation skills, and is expert in project quality management
- Encourages team collaboration with a positive outcome
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.