Project Manager, Skype for Business - 8 months contract
The IT Project Manager supports the global legal practice with the necessary support to implement a structured framework to manage IT projects, business integration objectives and other assignments from conception to completion.
The role is responsible for providing a repeatable, visible and consistent approach to project leadership direction and focus to make sure Norton Rose Fulbright deliver on time, within budget and to the expected quality. This is in the context of the Skype for Business deployment project.
This consultant will manage projects and integration objectives and other assignments working with project sponsors, legal practice groups, managers, business analysts, business consultants, software developers and other technical professionals where required.
The role requires the maintenance of agreed project plans, related files and documentation, dealing with vendors and management of project budgets. Effective preparation of reports on project deliverables, risks and the assessment of progress against schedule is also required. The consultant in this role must be able to present complex technical requirements and issues in a non-technical way to senior business stakeholders.
In addition the role will include:
Supporting a Structured Project Management Framework
Provide a structured project management framework through the application of project management techniques, including:
- Management of schedule and schedule management processes
- Reporting and timely management of deliverables, milestones, management of critical path, management of risk and dependency reviews
- Monitoring of project scope, timely resolution of conflicts and resolution of issues
- Assist with project closure, post implementation reviews and documenting lessons learned
- Report to executive and senior management on delivery of integration related and other projects according to the Norton Rose Fulbright IT Programme and the broader Norton Rose Fulbright Business Plan
- Coordination and liaison across the Norton Rose Fulbright offices, working with relevant business services and practice group managers.
- Work across the project lifecycle from project initiation and requirements analysis through to on-time project delivery, monitoring and closure
- Extensive communication and stakeholder engagement across a range of business and technical disciplines
Project Documentation and Budgeting
- Develop and maintain project initiation documentation and monitor associated plans. Track and report on projects against schedule and against budget, taking appropriate steps to rectify where necessary
- Project Communication and Change Management
- Maintain an emphasis on communication planning and managing change. This requires extensive stakeholder engagement, communication of planning and progress, ensuring quality in the development of user acceptance testing, end user training and in change management procedures
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant amount of experience in a project management role ideally within legal, large partnership or management consultancy
- Experience in running a similar large scale project & deployments related to Skype for Business in a demanding, multinational environment
- A good understanding of the Skype for Business technical infrastructure, configuration, plus other components and dependent systems that are required to deliver Skype for Business. This is a management role but the candidate needs to be able to discuss and lead on direction and solutions with technologists, managers and business stakeholders
- Experienced in developing service design & delivering transition to operations
- Ability to plan and lead deployments using teams of deployment staff
- Demonstrable senior business stakeholder management skills coupled with a very good standard of written English
- Experience running concurrent projects of both a technical and business nature is essential
- Must be able to work flexibly and dynamically to ensure the best possible end user experience
- Ability to work with supplier partners to deliver assured outcomes
- Experience in a large scale infrastructure change, business change, integration or merger would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Recognised project management qualification and accreditation such as PRINCE2, MSP, PMBOK, APMP or Agile
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome direct applications. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Barbara Szlajnda