Document Production Technician
We are recruiting two Document Production Technicians to work as part of our Document Production team based in our Manchester office.
The team are responsible for offering a full document service internationally across all packages including Microsoft Office and BigHand. These roles would suit individuals who thrive on delivering results, working as part of a highly qualified team and is looking to build a career as part of a leading global law firm.
The hours will be 09:30 – 17:30 or 10:00 – 18:00.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To produce quality documentation on time, to fee earner expectations and in accordance with house style to the highest possible standards and accuracy
- To take work from the DP BigHand folder as prioritised
- To ensure the required deadlines stated on the worksheets are met
- To keep fee earners aware in relation to specific difficulties or timescales should their job be at risk for whatever reason
- To uphold the quality control process within the department
- To ensure feedback forms are completed for all pieces of work
- To complete timesheets accurately in accordance with department protocols for prompt submission to the manager
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working within a similar role within a Legal function
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office 2010 applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Visio
- Experience of using Laserforms, working with a document management system and digital dictation software
- Ability to use initiative and take ownership of work
- Ability to provide a high level of service to internal clients
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.