We are looking to strengthen our Clinical Risk team in Newcastle and we have an opportunity for candidates with experience in this field. The role presents an excellent opportunity for ambitious and commercially minded individuals to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
• Handling a challenging high value caseload of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, and MDU. This will involve drafting pre action protocol letters of response, pleadings, witness statements and counter schedules, instructing experts and counsel, as well as conducting negotiations and mediation of claims or attending trial.
• Acting as first and primary point of contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice and reports.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
• Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
• Solicitors with substantial and in-depth defendant clinical negligence experience - ideally 4-8 years' PQE however we will always consider more experienced candidates, and NQ – 4PQEs with relevant experience.
• Solicitors with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence will also be considered
• Strong commercial understanding of the NHS and their business drivers, including knowledge of and ability to deliver against protocols and KPIs.
• Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.