Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
We are looking for a paralegal to work on a specific matter in the Regulatory team; working as part of the legal team to the Coroner in a set of complex and high-profile Inquest proceedings. This contract will last for 6 to 12 months.
- Research and information gathering;
- Assisting with preparing correspondence to Interested Persons;
- Assisting with witness interview preparation;
- Attending witness interviews and preparing draft witness statements;
- Managing the tracking of disclosure from and to the Inquest;
- Using e-Disclosure software, for the purpose of:
- Assisting with the review of documents received, and considering whether they are relevant for the purposes of the Inquest; and
- Managing the redaction and disclosure of documents to Core Participants in accordance with agreed redaction and disclosure protocols;
- Liaising with other stakeholders and members of the wider Inquest team; and
- Preparing bundles and schedules of documents in advance of hearings.
Key Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree (essential), GDL if applicable and LPC / BPTC (desirable)
- The ability to review and analyse large volumes of materials, maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of using e-discovery software such as Relativity or Opus (desirable)
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team, but also to work independently in a positive and proactive manner
- Reliable and professional
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both in written and oral form
- Proven ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Security clearance to CTC or SC level is desirable. However, in the absence of existing clearance, the candidate must be willing to undergo the vetting, which requires that the individual has been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. Appointment will be strictly subject to vetting being approved, which can take a number of weeks.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.