Paralegal - Commercial Litigation
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our growing Commercial Litigation team in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
• Supporting senior fee earners in all aspects of high value and complex litigation.
• Legal research and document preparation.
• Responding to ad hoc requests for information from clients.
• Contacting the firm’s clients, providing a high level of client service at all times.
• Exercising full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrating a high level of financial management.
• Contributing to fee-earning and non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training, assisting and preparing updates for clients and the team, legal research etc…
• Building an awareness of the Firm's other services.
• Building effective internal and external networks.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
• Graduate in law or law related subject with a minimum of 6 months previous Paralegal experience gained ideally within a contentious field but this is not essential.
• Real interest in litigation
• Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
• Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients and colleagues on day to day issues.
• Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage tasks within set timeframes.
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Excellent IT skills, to include Word and Outlook.
• Fluent / native German speaking would be highly advantageous but is not essential for this role.
The Manchester team is a busy, cohesive and dynamic team consisting of three partners leading a team of 15. We deal with commercial litigation/ dispute resolution encapsulating a wide array of work both in the public and private sector. In addition to corporate litigation, mediation and arbitration, the team cover regulatory work, TMT, Intellectual Property, sports and media litigation, as well as insolvency, licensing and ecclesiastical work. We deal with national and international cases and much of it is fast and urgent, incorporating emergency work as well as freezing and search orders.
The department also operates the firm's German Desk and frequently deals with German, Austrian and Swiss clients.
High-performers will be rewarded with a competitive bonus scheme and great progression opportunities.
As a firm we are avid investors in individual development. All fee-earners within the team are able to get involved in developing innovative business solutions and assisting with strategic decision-making. In addition the nature of our work provides fantastic exposure to high value matters working along-side well-regarded, leading Legal 500 professionals within this field who will assist in your personal growth and development.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the Legal Profession 2016, the firm received 59 rankings with a record 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 116 lawyer listings.
In The Legal 500 2015, the leading guide to law firms in the UK, the firm received a record 111 practice area rankings, including more than 60 in the tier 1 and 2 brackets. The firm is also recognised for its international capabilities in Chambers Asia Pacific, as well as Chambers and Legal 500 Europe and Latin America, with more than 50 additional international leading lawyers listed.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.