Associate / Senior Associate - Employment
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Our Employment Practice are seeking solicitor to join the London team.
What sets this opportunity apart is the truly varied blend of quality work on offer, all within a supportive environment.
Lawyers in our Employment team enjoy exposure to a range of work that the practice undertakes and have a thorough understanding of the sectors in which we specialise. This comes from many years of experience and from working closely with clients and colleagues from different legal disciplines. We take a broad view of a client's business and objectives.
The new recruit will depending on their relative corporate and/or commercial skills be expected to work, as part of a team, on matters such as:
- Contentious and Non-Contentious employment matters
- Advising on restructures and changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Collective consultation obligations and redundancy processes
- Advising on Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employment Tribunals
- Cross border Employment matters
- Senior executive departures
- Pro-active involvement in marketing initiatives
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel and firm procedures
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at each level. In particular for this role we require:
Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery; and
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Flexibility and a can do attitude;
- A capacity and willingness to work in teams dedicated to major projects
- Capacity to give extra advice and engage credibly with client contacts in major organisation.
Experience and qualifications:
- Excellent academic record
- Qualified solicitor with likely at least 4 years PQE with proven post-qualification experience of advising on a broad range of Employment matters
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.