IT Service Support Assistant
About Gowling WLG
We have more than 1,400 legal professionals working around the world. Our offices span across 19 cities in Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There's strength in our global presence – we embrace our differing cultures and work together as one team. We also understand the importance of investing in relationships that build knowledge and trust, while we provide legal advice that's tailored to our clients' world.
'Our people and distinct culture are what makes us different. We know this through client and employee feedback and this drives everything we do'' Chris Oglethorpe, HR Director.
There are great opportunities for all our people to flourish. Through training and personal development they can grow in their role. Our people are the cornerstone of our success, across legal, business support and early talent. We care about their happiness and believe in the power of teamwork. We want them to feel empowered and recognise that by supporting, respecting and embracing everyone's different contributions we achieve more.
Working flexibly, working fairly
Agile working offers people more freedom and flexibility in where, when, and how they work. As technology advances and our workforce becomes more diverse – and with clients often working to a 24/7 rhythm – having extra flexibility is key to helping us balance work and other commitments sensibly and productively.
By supporting people to choose where and when they get their work done, we help them to make a full and fair contribution to their team – while maintaining that all important work-life balance.
Where possible and depending on business needs, we will consider all flexible working options such as part-time working, job sharing, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with Gowling WLG you favour flexibility in your working arrangements, please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Main Purpose of the Job
To assist the Business Partner (Business Services), Service Change Lead and Service Management lead in performing their roles:
- Collating, analysing and summarising data and information for the Service Change and Service Maintenance Leads
- Performing any general administrative work for the Business Partner (Business Services) and the Service Delivery teams
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To assist the Service Change Lead with
- Implementing change control
- Running Problem Management
- Coordinating regular Huddles relating to service change
- Updating a visual management board that summarises the status of service change and problem management
- Supporting Learning and Development for education on systems and solutions
To assist the Service Management Lead with
- Monitoring and managing all service, solutions and systems
- Managing availability, capacity, compliance and service levels
- Performing other service management tasks
- Developing appropriate quality standards for the optimum operation of services, solutions and systems
- Operating and maintaining appropriate test/development environments
- Coordinating regular Huddles relating to service management
- Updating a visual management board that summarises the status of service management
To support the Business Partner (Business Services) and BIS by:
- Performing any other reasonable administration tasks for Service Delivery as requested by the Business Partner or Service & Management Leads (including requests from other senior BIS leaders
- Assisting with global incident management and resolution as required
- Responding to service incidents/BAU as required by the Service Delivery Business Partners – this should always be the highest priority for all BIS staff
Key skills and experience
- One or more years of IT and Business User experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving plus demonstrable experience of:
- involvement in effective IT led business change projects
- data gathering, analysis and summary
- using technical knowledge to resolve issues
- understanding service management principles, and looking to become ITIL qualified
- continuously improving self
- Working to gain knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and customer trust and confidence
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing "soft skills" or "people skills"
- evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- excellent client facing skills to liaise with clients at all levels
- good stakeholder management experience
- good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical people at all levels
- Experience of working within a matrix organisation
- Excellent IT Skills, with good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally Project
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Evidence demonstrating ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure including expertise in prioritising competing workloads
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
At Gowling WLG we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our aim is to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.
Apply for IT Service Support Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly