Know-How Paralegal - Banking
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we've earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we've developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we're continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we've been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times six times.
Join our team and you'll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We're driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Our Financial Services Regulatory team is comprised of lawyers across our office network, covering all of the world's principal financial markets. We are able to offer our clients expertise in the key regions, from a full-service coverage of the key European jurisdictions, including London and Frankfurt, to our U.S. regulatory practice led from our New York and Washington D.C. offices. We also have well established offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific region that have been involved in setting up many of the regulatory systems that exist in those regions today.
Our lawyers offer clients extensive regulatory experience and they lead thinking on regulatory developments, helping clients in lobbying on, planning for and implementing changes as they occur. Areas we advise on include bank structuring, securities and derivatives regulation, capital and liquidity requirements, marketing and selling restrictions, clearing and settlement, custody and prime brokerage and recovery and resolution planning. As an international team we are very experienced in providing international comparative advice on regulatory matters that helps our clients decide where best to conduct their business and gives them a competitive advantage. We are currently advising on numerous global reform agenda initiatives including, most notably, Brexit.
An opportunity has arisen for two Paralegals to join the FS team, which is part of our Banking department on a full time, initial 6-month contract. The role will consist of providing support to the know-how function on a variety of matters.
Senior Professional Support Lawyers
- Partners, Associates and the wider team
Role and responsibilities
- Know-how profiling
- Managing the bibling process, including maintaining the bible room
- Summarising and tracking legislative developments from regulatory consultation papers to published legislation
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of transactions
- Leading on a variety of matters and projects
- Proofreading documents and client bulletins
- Extracting, transcribing and analysing information
- Assisting in the production and distribution of client bulletins
- Answering client queries directly
- General administrative duties
- Previous banking paralegal experience
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
- LPC nice to have but not essential
Who we are looking for
- Ability to handle multi-tasks at any one time and to prioritise between tasks
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work hard within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be a team player with the initiative to lead projects and matters assigned to them
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
- Pro-active approach and ability to demonstrate initiative