Learning and Development Manager (Temporary)
The Learning and development department provide business skills, personal and management development courses/programmes which are available to partners, associates, business services staff and secretaries globally. These are delivered by our in-house learning and development team to help meet the strategic objectives. The training is designed and delivered based on acknowledged best practice and the latest thinking in management, leadership, business development and personal effectiveness as well as blending knowledge and understanding of the firm’s culture, values and procedures to provide training that is relevant to the work undertaken in the firm.
The team also provides open courses, coaching and customised sessions to individuals, teams and groups. A variety of teaching and learning methods including presentations, case studies, role plays and video and forum theatre are used to ensure that peoples’ different learning styles are catered for. We also provide training to the clients of the firm.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage and assist with the SRA training requirements project
- Liaise with the internal business to resolve queries relating to the SRA project
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in a professional services environment (desired)
- Project management experience - scopes, plans, implements and closes effectively; goal orientated
- Interest in and knowledge of management in theory and in practice
- Client focused - understands the needs of the learner and how to make ideas practical and relevant; manages stakeholder relationships effectively
- Outwardly and inwardly confident - assertive in giving feedback and accepting feedback given to you; self-aware and willing to learn
- Organisationally savvy - understands the organisational environment and navigates successfully within it
- Creativity and innovation - ability to look at problems from different angles
- Solution-orientated, persistent and determined
- Collaborative - works effectively with and through people
- Commercially aware - understands the economic environment and market trends
- Practiced as a solicitor (desirable)
- European language skills (desirable)
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.
Diversity and Inclusion