Commercial Contracts (Telecoms) Associate
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
We are currently looking for an experienced general commercial lawyer with strong experience in commercial contracts/non-contentious IP matters/outsourcing to join a dynamic team where the quality of work is second to none. Experience of IP, pharmabio, data protection, telecommunications and/or e-commerce work would also be beneficial.
Our Commercial group offers an international team of lawyers that specialise in a wide range of commercial work including non-contentious intellectual property law, licensing and collaboration deals, joint ventures, and data protection, e-commerce advice and outsourcing transactions. The group also offers specialist industry expertise in Life Sciences, telecommunications and hi-tech sectors. We are consistently ranked as a market leader in these sectors because of our all-round strength and depth, in particular our commercial and transaction expertise.
Clients of the group include leading financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, digital platform operators, media groups, telecommunication carriers, network operators, software suppliers and IT hardware manufacturers, outsource service providers as well as industry regulators.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Providing strategic guidance to clients
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Providing support for wider corporate transactions
- Legal research
- 3-6 PQE qualified lawyer with strong technical commercial contracts knowledge.
- Broader experience of commercial/outsourcing/non-contentious IP matters is an advantage.
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility