GPMS IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Joining at an exciting time as Norton Rose Fulbright is progressing work to deliver a number of key improvements to its global practice management system, the Project Manager will be part of a team delivering a range of technology enhancements to the infrastructure that underpins the global practice management system. The team is focused on delivering value to the firm through good governance, best practice approaches, cost effective and timely delivery of projects and business stakeholder engagement.
As a Project Manager within the Global Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a set of technology enhancement projects, producing the required outputs, to the required standard of quality and the within the specified constraints of time and cost. Reporting through a standard project framework and governance you will need to lead a team of technology and other specialists, within and outside of NRF to ensure that the delivery meets agreed requirements. Delivery of the projects will positively impact the performance and reliability of the global practice management system.
- Plan the projects individually and as an overall programme of works and procure internal resources and delivery in controlled stages
- Direct and motivate the resources assigned to the Project Team
- Manage business & project risks and dependencies in a complex environment including the development of contingency plans
- Manage key stakeholder relationships and develop communication plans
- Report to the stakeholders and act on guidance and direction given
- Manage and control costs, vendors and other external suppliers as needed
- Develop the change and deployment approach and plan the change execution phase
- Work closely with the IT functional leads to ensure a controlled and supportable transition to business as usual
Key skills, experience and traits
- Leadership of multiple infrastructure projects in international environments
- Proven project management experience with a good track record of delivering projects on time, to budget and to agreed quality standards
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both orally and written
- Self-starting with good experience in leading, managing and motivating medium to large-sized teams
- Excellent reporting, project planning and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure, be responsive and prioritise work
- Familiar with risk management techniques; risk identification, analysis, estimation and mitigation
- Familiar with IT architecture, design, development methods, operational service & support
- An understanding of: converged infrastructure, e.g. HP Superdome, storage e.g. HP 3PAR, and enterprise software, e.g. SAP.
- Law firm experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Numerate degree qualified
- Prince2 Certified Practitioner
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL processes
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Barbrara Szlajnda at Barbara.Szlajnda@nortonrosefulbright.com (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE