Head of International Finance
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Lloyds, HSBC, Facebook, and Vodafone as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups such as Uber and Airbnb.
Our people are at the heart of our business. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent with stretching careers in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
This is an exciting time for Osborne Clarke's Finance Team; with significant double digit International and UK growth, the firm is in great financial health. The team is focused at the heart of the business, supporting strategic direction, commercial performance/pricing models, supporting direct client service, planning for a global practice management system implementation and redefining the future of global finance shared services.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Head of International Finance who, working alongside the CFO, will partner closely with key international stakeholders to drive forwards the alignment, efficiency and quality of finance service that is delivered to all international offices.
This is a truly international role, involving significant travel between our UK and European offices. Accordingly, the successful candidate can choose to be based in London, Bristol, Paris, Germany, Italy or Spain.
- Define and deliver a finance operating model that enhances the quality, accuracy and delivery of finance services across Osborne Clarke.
- Develop scope, outline deliverables, benefits and overall delivery of finance services.
- Implement an international financial integration and transformation roadmap.
- Identify and resolve legacy set up, reporting and system issues.
- Develop deep relationships with international managing partners, supporting them on improving financial performance, setting financial strategy, and creating an efficient financial operating model.
- Rapidly win the confidence and respect of the International Leadership Team and International Managing Partners
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and insight into the commercial context of the firm, supporting/developing and implementing 2025 vision and strategic financial planning.
- Overall responsibility for international service levels, control environment and quality agreements.
What we're looking for:
An experienced Finance professional, with a proven background of senior financial management, ideally gained in the legal sector. Your experience will have an emphasis on financial control, financial operations, tax, project/programme delivery, financial systems and strategic financial planning.
You are an excellent communicator and influencer who enjoys collaborating with many different stakeholders across a global network.
- Experience in leading effective teams in a complex business environment, ideally within professional service
- Qualified accountant
- Highly successful in building confidence, communicating in depth the Programme aims, objectives and benefits to a wider audience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent influencing and delivery skills
- Ability to understand complex problems and define clearly solutions
- Ability to flex with changes in scope but ability to push through the wavier line to delivery
- Highly organised and personable approach
- Culturally sensitive
- The ability to speak French, German or Spanish would be advantageous.
- Ability to work to deadlines and as one team
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Osborne Clarke LLP is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.