Business Development Coordinator - Glasgow
Business Development Co-ordinator
The Business Development team is a centralised function advising and supporting the Firm in its marketing, sales support and business development activities. The key drivers for the team are to ensure we support the development and implementation of the firm's strategy and in particular help:
· Drive profitable revenue growth (through existing and new clients)
· Develop and deliver a clear brand proposition through our sector focus
Purpose of the Role
The BD Co-ordinator will sit within the central BD function providing support to all the teams within the BD department including Bids, Clients, CDC, International, Marketing and Sectors. The goal is for the BD Co-ordinator to work with the wider team of specialists from across the department to deliver high profile BD projects and facilitate our go-to-market approach. The role encompasses both marketing and BD involvement and is very hands on with a clear objective of getting tasks completed. Based in Leeds with occasional travel to other UK offices, as required.
· Assist with the production of bespoke client collateral for various teams including credentials and activity reports for bids (in Word, Power Point, email templates and video)
· Develop generic marketing and BD collateral for the different offerings within the firm (in Word, Power Point, email templates and video)
· Provide support for events and / or international visits including liaising with the design, marketing and WP teams to create collateral from templates to finished brochures, on the day logistic support such as badges, name tents, handouts, room set up, liaising with IT, arranging gifts for the attendees on occasion
· Deliver on management information reporting requirements primarly for Client (requires a level of consistency / continuity and some experience of spreadsheet analysis), International (capturing and logging international referrals) and Sectors teams
· Engage with stakeholders to capture and maintain firmwide information such as project/matter deals, CVs, and other standard information including various Sharepoint and HighQ sites
· Assist on the delivery of successful bids through provision of standard information and act as point of contact for smaller Pre Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) and standard-form credentials documentation
· Ownership of the various pages on the website - ensuring content is kept up-to-date, ensuring all forms of social media are being considered
· Maintain and update (and on occasion cleanse) contacts' database and mailing lists
· Assist with general administration duties
· Take responsibility for learning about the BD department and what the firm does
Knowledge, skills and expereince required
· Highly computer literate with excellent systems skills, ideally including experience of Office software and social media.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong team worker
· Ability to gain trust and build relationships quickly
· A real "can do" attitude and an ability to find solutions
· Able to interact professionally and credibly with senior internal stakeholders
· An ability to manage conflicting requests or concurrent multiple projects
· Marketing or Law degree (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential.
· Experience of working in a professional services or similar organisation is desirable.