Divisional Business Manager, Strategic advisory
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area – Financial Management
Role: Divisional Business Manager – Strategic advisory (EMEA)
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Finance
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 9:30 - 5:30, with flexibility around these times to meet deadlines and requirements of the role.
Department/ Role Overview:
The Business Manager will work with, and support, the Strategic Advisory (SA) Division Head (DH) and SA Practice Heads (PHs) to implement firm and divisional strategy and to ensure the efficient operational management of the global division.
Will assume day to day responsibility for the financial performance of the division, focusing primarily on the EMEA region and working closely with the Asia Pacific based Business Manager for SA.
Key areas of focus:
- Maximising financial performance, efficiency and financial discipline;
- Client and matter pricing and profitability management;
- Divisional profit and loss account management; and
- Divisional planning, budgets and forecasting.
Structure and scope
- A member of the global finance team, reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance
- Primary focus to work with, and support, the DH in driving financial performance
- Work closely with Business Managers to ensure consistency of implementation across practices and regions
- Work together with the Division, Financial and Central management teams to implement firm strategy initiatives
- Work with the DH and PHs to develop and introduce Division and practice specific strategic plans
- Primarily responsible for the division's input into the firm's annual budgeting and financial planning processes
Client pricing and profitability
- Provide advice on fee proposals and pitches working closely with partners, Commercial Finance and Business Development teams
- Create upfront financial plans for specific legal projects, including consideration of alternative pricing structures, service levels and resourcing requirements
- Monitor fee arrangements post matter inception, challenge recovery rates and assess resourcing compared to the financial plan
- Monitor financial performance across the division and advise DHs/PHs on operational issues affecting financial performance
- Monitor activity levels and advise the DH/PHs of over or under capacity in different areas of the business
- Oversee working capital exposure, working with DH and PHs and the central Financial Management team to ensure that lock-up is being managed in accordance with targets, including a particular focus on ensuring that large or old balances are being properly addressed
- Attend Division/practice partner meetings and ensure follow-up of agreed actions
- Work with HR team to support recruitment activity, ensuring hiring needs are justified
- Ensure proactive and effective internal communications across all groups in the Division
- Any other ad hoc duties and support as required by the DH or PHs
- Ensure that global policies and procedures are being followed and implemented within the Division
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to graduate level.
- Professional business qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA or MBA.
- Strong commercial financial background.
- A proven track record of delivering quality analysis, solutions and advice at senior management level.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presentational.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Experience in professional services environment, and business partnering in particular, desirable.
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients, our behaviour.