Client & Market Development Manager
Clifford Chance has an ambitious global strategy which puts clients at the very heart of everything the Firm does. We have a clear mandate around developing our existing strengths and relationships whilst increasing our market share in new markets. Our Client & Market Development function ("C&MD") is pivotal in making the Firm's vision a reality. C&MD teams work strategically with our Global Business Units – all with the same vision "to be the global law firm of choice for the world's leading businesses of today and tomorrow".
The global nature of our clients' businesses and an increasingly aggressive enforcement environment require an understanding of complex, overlapping and sometimes contradictory international regulations and regulatory approaches. Our Regulatory Investigations, Enforcement and White Collar team advises clients on how to avoid the risks posed by government and regulatory investigations and prosecutions and guides them through these proceedings when they arise.
"They are excellent – a 'Rolls-Royce' production. They have the people, the facilities and the backup.” Chambers UK 2017: Financial Crime – Band 1
- In this role, you will be part of the Client & Market Development L&DR team and lead the client development strategy and implementation of the Global RIFC Group.
- You will work alongside the RIFC Global Leadership team to define and develop best practice business development strategy and process.
- You will work closely with the L&DR team to ensure the RIFC strategy is closely aligned to the global L&DR strategy.
- You will coach and support the development of the junior BD team members within the Global L&DR team.
- You will also be part of the wider business development team (including those in other offices) for connectivity and cross-selling opportunities across our global network.
- As most of our clients are multinationals, the opportunities across the RIFC practice requires cross border and cross product coordination and collaboration.
- The candidate will need to drive the right behaviours to develop the business, such as differentiating propositions, innovative campaigns and an intelligent approach to targeting.
Client Focus & Development
- Alongside the RIFC Global Leadership team, develop and drive RIFC business development plans and metrics that will result in opportunity generation and incremental revenue.
- Oversee the effective pursuit of these opportunities by guiding and coaching the RIFC partners to develop high value campaigns and propositions.
- Take a leadership and coaching role in client relationship management, by implementing effective client planning, targeting and client feedback initiatives across RIFC.
- Implement a bid strategy and process to increase the win rate in RIFC and ensure a high-quality response to significant proposals and credentials.
Brand, Marketing & Communications
- Work alongside PR, Events and Marketing to create a RIFC marketing plan to build profile and create effective marketing opportunities, blogs and events.
- Oversee and improve the directory/awards submissions process to raise the profile of RIFC.
- Work with Internal Communications to contribute BD activity and success stories across L&DR.
Specific Skills and Experience
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will have:
- Deep BD experience in a professional services firm
- Ability to influence partners and key stakeholders
- Strong coaching, influencing and presentation skills
- Articulate, resilient and focused
- Initiative to leverage the firm's resources and drive results
- Pro-active and common-sense approach
- Creative, organised and delivers high quality work
- Good team player that can motivate and lead by example
- Passion for client centricity
- An ambassador for business development.
The Firm's competencies are as follows:
- Analytical Thought and Problem Solving - The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems
- Communicating and Influencing – The ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and with sensitivity, both orally and in writing
- Commitment and Self-motivation – Commitment to both Clifford Chance and its clients, demonstrated in the drive to improve both quality of delivery and personal performance
- Leading and Developing Others – The ability to lead and manage others, both by contributing to the vision of the organisation and by enabling others to develop themselves
- Organising and Managing Resources – The ability to plan and organise yourself and others effectively to meet business priorities
- Working Relationships – The ability to form working relationships with others, both inside and outside of Clifford Chance, and to use those relationships to benefit both individuals and the organisation
- Organisational/Strategic Thinking – The ability to see the role in the broader context of the organisation as a whole and its clients, and to use that knowledge to drive action.
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.