Client & Market Development Coordinator
Clifford Chance has an ambitious global strategy which puts clients at the very heart of everything the Firm does. We have a clear mandate around developing our existing strengths and relationships whilst increasing our market share in new markets. Our Client & Market Development function ("C&MD") is pivotal in making the Firm's vision a reality. C&MD works strategically with our Global Business Units – all with the same vision "to be the global law firm of choice for the world’s leading businesses of today and tomorrow".
Clifford Chance's London Finance & Capital Markets practices ("F&CM") are recognised as market leaders and work with many of the world's pre-eminent financial institutions and investors.
This role sits within the F&CM C&MD team in London and supports the Derivatives & Financial Regulation group. The purpose of this role is to support the development of the group, through the delivery and project management of business development, sales support, client focus and marketing initiatives. In this role you act as an interface between product group partners, working together with the F&CM and wider Business Development team to facilitate the flow of information and highlight cross-selling opportunities and the delivery of top quality marketing and communications materials, capability statements and pitches.
This is a hands-on role that requires quick and accurate work to support the partners and lawyers in the practice. You provide day to day support for F&CM and assist with best practice and ad hoc projects. As part of your responsibility, you will work with one or more product groups in F&CM, providing the full range of business development services. You will also be expected to be a member of a global industry sector, and possibly become involved on one or more strategic client teams
Supporting on the production of tender documents (pitches and proposals) including:
- supporting senior members of the C&MD team with compiling and amending pitch documents, including gathering credentials, CVs and standard text to create the framework for the first draft of pitch documents (seeking guidance from experienced team members where appropriate)
assisting in the development of presentation materials for pitch presentations/"beauty parades"
- supporting the team in ensuring pitch alerters are sent out on a timely basis and the status of pitches and document numbers are updated on GPD, including following up with fee-earners to establish the status of outstanding pitch results
- working with C&MD team and partners to ensure set of capability statements are maintained and up to date
Preparing and maintaining marketing collateral, including:
- assisting with the production of sector and practice materials (capability statements, brochures, briefings, thought leadership publications, contact cards, etc), ensuring these are in brand style and liaising with the design team and external agencies as required
Supporting client relationship and acquisition programmes, including:
- liaising with the business research team to provide relevant and extensive client research and relationship notes ahead of pitch opportunities and client meetings
- providing support to the C&MD team on key elements of the firm's client programmes including internal monthly and client billing reports
- assisting with the implementation of practice / sector client campaigns
using the firm's key management systems (Atlas Reporter, GPMS and Pandora) and be able to extract financial data and rate information for use in pitches and client development/targeting initiatives
- liaising with fee-earners and LSSs to ensure all client contact information is stored, categorised and maintained on InterAction
Coordinating internal and external resources, including:
- ensuring website and intranet sector/practice/region summary, deal and team contacts are up to date and refreshed quarterly
- supporting the team in ensuring the external brand is correctly profiled
- supporting the production of legal directories and award submissions, including the preparation of materials for the directory interviews
compiling information for the F&CM practice update reports
- liaising with LSSs to ensure fee-earner CVs and profiles are regularly updated for use in pitches and the website including providing supporting reports from MIS for their fee-earners
- supporting the compilation of presentations and newsletters
working with the C&MD Director, Managers and Executives to help develop, implement and maintain a F&CM BD infrastructure
Coordinating onsite and offsite events, including:
- working with the events team and legal support secretaries (as appropriate) to ensure integrated management, client communications, advertising, sponsorship and delivery of client, practice and sector events (e.g. seminars, workshops, webinars, publication launches, lunches, drinks functions, corporate hospitality, sponsorship and conferences)
supporting the in the distribution of related client communications (including supporting the V-mail team in sending electronic invites) and ensuring best practice is followed
Managing business services support, including:
- liaising with partners and associates to ensure matter capture forms are completed for all eligible matters and submitted to MIS as appropriate
preparing regular practice/sector/BD management reports
- filling in budget approval forms and processing invoices
- coordinating event administration, e.g. creating RSVP lists on Interaction, the printing and assembling of badges and venue sourcing/site visits, inter alia
- updating C&MD team action plans/schedules/event calendars regularly
organising and coordinating other business development project activities as required from time to time
Skills & Experience
- You will have experience of working in a marketing or business development team, ideally within the professional services market or equivalent experience in a client development/account management role
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of being pro-active and delivering high quality work
- Able to prioritise projects and respond quickly to requests which have a short turnaround time
- Able to plan and organise effectively to meet business priorities
- You will communicate clearly, persuasively and with sensitivity, both orally and in writing (including strong editing and proofing ability and attention to detail)
- Ability to gather and analyse information and share the insight gained to bring about good decisions, solutions and action
- Able to form strong working relationships with others and uses those relationships to benefit both the group and the firm as a whole
- You will exhibit self-motivation and flexibility to improve continuously both quality of delivery and personal performance
- You will exhibit commitment to the team and demonstrate reliability as an active participant taking the initiative to help make things happen
- You will need to be positive and flexible to ensure that the areas within your responsibility are well managed while contributing positively and enthusiastically to the C&MD programmes in other areas
- You will be confident, resilient and focused
- You will have strong general software skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Experience of using InterAction is also preferable.
Preferably you will be degree qualified, or equivalent, and ideally have a marketing qualification (CIM etc).
It is the firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership, status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification that could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection and terms and conditions of employment, including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.