Senior HR Manager - Support (12 month fixed term contract)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior HR Manager to join our HR team in London on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The HR team at Allen & Overy provides a first class service to the business, offering strategic HR business advice at the business partner level and quality support services in the full range of HR functions through specialist teams such as, learning & development, resourcing, reward, employee relations advice, payroll, systems and HR administration.
To be an integral part of the Marketing and IT leadership teams, providing a high level of both strategic HR advice and HR operational support. To manage, develop and support the HR Managers and Specialists within the Support HR team.
- Relevant Directors and Department Heads
- Head of HR – Support Services
- HR Managers – Support Services
- HR Specialists - Support Services
Role and responsibilities
- Working closely client groups to define and implement global business strategy for their departments including:
- Design input to business modelling and planning
- Identification and mapping of talent and succession pipeline with implementation
- Facilitation of the group's culture through HR initiatives
- Support the leadership teams of each group
- Attendance at and facilitation of group meetings for HR initiatives
- Analysis and translation of global business reporting to aid business decisions
- Advising in all HR matters (particularly in relation to risk and cost) related to the management of the group
- Supporting local and global management to influence the development of performance, recognition and reward policies and programmes for the benefit of the group and advising on local implementation.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with the key stakeholders listed above plus the senior management of their teams.
- Work as a fully integrated and trusted advisor to the leadership team within each client group, advising in all HR matters (particularly in relation to risk and cost) related to the recruitment, development and retention of individuals within each group and facilitating issue resolution through the Central HR teams and other Support Departments
- Identification and proactive resolution of group issues/ themes
- Providing strategic input to influence the design of firm wide projects for the benefit of the client group and working with the HRD/ Central HR/ other Support departments to ensure smooth implementation
- Management and Development of the Support HR team and acting as a mentor/advisor to the wider HR community
- Contributing to the development of the Global HR function and the service it provides to the business.
- Ownership, design and implementation of the annual global HR processes for each client group, including performance reviews and salary review
- Graduate Qualification with CIPD or similar certification
- Robust line management experience
- Technical competence in all aspects of employment law, compliance practices and policies
- Will have worked successfully as a senior HR practitioner in a corporate, finance, professional services, consultancy or law firm
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organization
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction through creative and pragmatic issue resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the Partner community, building and developing strong client relationships
- Collaborative team player with the ability to nurture and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
- Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to Senior Management
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities.