Junior Lawyer - Greek Qualified
The Public Law team in Belgium is recognised as a top tier-team and our ambition is to further grow and strengthen our position in the legal market.
We are looking for a Greek qualified junior Lawyer with EU regulatory and Greek law experience who would like to become part of this successful team. This is an initial six month contract, with possibility of extending.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offer the whole scope of legal services to our clients with a focus on EU regulatory and institutional law
- Be involved with our EU-Greek Practice and advise our clients on Greek law including but not limited in corporate and competition law matters
- Draft contract and legal advices
- Develop skills as an attorney and a strategic business advisor
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- LL.B. obtained from a Greek Law School and an LL.M. from a highly reputable University; an LL.M. obtained from a top-tier US or UK University will be considered a plus
- Stellar academic record
- 1 to 3 years' experience
- Excellent technical legal language skills
- Native Greek speaker with excellent command of English (verbal and written)
- Driven by quality and willing to go the extra mile
- Creative, well-organised, pro-active, flexible and a team player
- Able to prioritise and manage effectively multiple and complex tasks
- Accuracy, confidentiality, commitment, loyalty and punctuality are fundamental concepts for you
- Eager to work in a dynamic but demanding context
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.