We are recruiting a Tax Accountant within our Sheffield office to join the Central Tax Team.
The Central Tax Team are responsible for providing strategic tax advice, implementing tax policies, managing tax risk and ensuring / monitoring adherence to tax compliance obligations across the International firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have responsibility for tax compliance and accounting within the following jurisdictions: Europe (except UK and France), Russia and Ukraine
- Key areas will include compliance, year-end accounting, NSP/NCCs, transfer pricing, tax reserving and supporting or leading on ad-hoc projects
- Review and update tax reserving systems where necessary
- Prepare reports ad-hoc where necessary
- Assist in the preparation of local TP documents
- Work collaboratively with Finance, in-house counsel and Risk, as well as working in cooperation with client facing teams
- Where required, develop controls and tax risk management systems
- Maintain comprehensive records
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be a qualified Accountant and/or chartered Tax Advisor
- Candidates must have experience of working in tax - ideally experience in a mixed tax role
- Have a strong knowledge of tax fundamentals across different areas of tax and be able to apply that existing knowledge and experience to international practices and legislation
- Knowledge of International taxation laws and regulations is advantageous
- Have strong tax research skills
- Have transferable experience from other regulatory projects that involve interpreting and implementing complex, technical rules
- Prior experience in tax strategy, implementation, planning, support and project management will be beneficial
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels within the organisation in all jurisdictions
- Design and embed end-to-end solutions - from entity level to individual partner level tax considerations
- Be a proactive thinker with practical solutions that are risk-minded and balance business strategies with financial priorities
- Strong ethic to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and firm policies
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.