Corporate Senior Associate
"Great quality in specialist areas..., which is hard to find outside London" – Chambers UK
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our highly regarded top tier Corporate team in Bristol, particularly focusing on Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and expanding team with the prospect of a varied and complex workload. You will have the opportunity to work on both national and international deals whilst also becoming involved in some of the South West region's most significant transactions.
The Bristol team provide the full spectrum of corporate services including private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets, fund formation and financial services. We focus on acting for clients within the key sectors of digital business, financial services, real estate & infrastructure and energy & utilities. With clients such as large quoted companies, privately owned businesses, banks, financial institutions and private equity houses, in the last year the team have acted on over 60 deals with an aggregate value of over £2billion.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below.
"As lawyers I find them straightforward, pragmatic and enjoyable to work with" – Chambers UK
The team is led by Chambers rated Alisdair Livingstone, Partner, and also comprises of 6 further Partners, 1 Legal Director, 2 Associate Directors, 4 Senior Associates, 7 Associates, 3 Trainee Solicitors and 1 Paralegal. The team also works closely with the Corporate teams in Osborne Clarke LLP's Thames Valley and London offices, meaning that the department is made up of 70 lawyers overall.
Advised Fevertree Drinks plc on their successful £154m AIM IPO.
Advised Rotork plc on the £125m acquisition of Bifold Group Limited.
Advised LDC and Management on the sale of A-Gas to KKR.
Advised the shareholders of Integral on the $330m sale to JLL.
Advised Student Castle on the sale of a £330m portfolio of student accommodation.
Advised InfraRed capital Partners on its investment in the Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay renewable energy project.
Advised Tribal Group plc on its £41m rights issue and disposal of Synergy business
Technical skills and experience
You will have gained a wide range of experience within Corporate during training at a well-respected City or National firm. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience within Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity. Due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, we are looking to a Senior Associate, although we will consider candidates with more or less experience.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
- We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
- At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.