Junior Lawyer (Japanese Native) Competition - EU Qualified
We are looking to recruit a Japanese speaking Junior Lawyer for EU Regulatory & Competition in Brussels. This is a role for an EU qualified lawyer who wants to join our award winning office in Belgium; gaining exposure to a highly technical team, which offers the ability to work on complex and multi-jurisdictional matters. You will be responsible for managing a wide range of files covering the entire spectrum of competition law. You will be joining a diverse team of some of the best Competition lawyers in the country.
Our clients include startups, high growth companies, owner-managed businesses, major corporates, private equity houses and financial institutions. The team is part of a wider Belgian and European team and frequently acts on deals involving our worldwide colleagues, giving our clients access to one of the largest teams in the world.
DLA Piper will invest in your long-term future to ensure you achieve your potential. This includes top-quality work that will challenge and stretch you, regular career conversations and feedback, a clear pathway to progression, career academies at every stage of your advancement, secondments, CR and pro-bono work, an active social calendar and a market-leading compensation package.
We are looking to hire a lawyer with relevant 1-3 years' experience.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offer the whole scope of legal services to our clients
- Involvement in a wide range of files covering the entire spectrum of competition law
- Liaise with partners to gain their perspective when needed
- Collaborate closely with the entire team to successfully represent your client
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- EU Master’s degree in Law. An additional degree abroad is a plus
- 1-3 years' relevant experience ideally within the sectors pharmaceuticals, energy and/or financial services
- You have excellent legal and technical skills
- Ability to prioritise and efficiently deal with complex files
- Native Japanese speaker, with excellent command of English (verbal and written)
- Well organised, proactive, flexible and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced international environment
- Accuracy, confidentiality and punctuality are second nature to you
- Keen on working in a dynamic yet demanding and rewarding context
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.