Commercial Litigation Lawyer - Manchester
Our Commercial Litigation team in Manchester is Tier 1 ranked in both Chambers and the Legal 500 directories and have both Partners (Mark Molyneux and Susan Garrett) ranked as Leading Individuals. We stand out for being consistently excellent in advice: we not only provide technical excellence and experience but crucially, we also demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. Our knowledge of our chosen sectors and markets, and our investment in our client relationships set us apart. We are a natural choice for FTSE100 and other "bold and beautiful" clients. We are a natural choice for talent – a firm where people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We do fantastic work: exciting, challenging, fulfilling work that adds significant value to our clients, our people and our business. We are also known for our uncompromising quality. Everything we do – large and small, with our colleagues and our clients – stands up alongside the best. We are recognised for our extraordinary effort that creates sustainable value and a consistently positive experience for our clients, people and communities.
The Litigation Group understands that an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the transactions underpinning the disputes we deal with is essential to the sensible resolution of those disputes. The unit represents a large number of blue chip companies, public sector authorities/departments and high net worth individuals across a huge range of sectors – retail, transport, digital, food and drink, health, industrial, automotive, energy, utilities, financial services etc. Often working very closely with our non-contentious colleagues, our in-depth knowledge and understanding of the way our clients operate gives us a significant advantage over our opponents, who are often the magic circle/major city firms. We have a real expertise in the issues which are important, including fast delivery of commercial solutions to complex and critical issues, with the ability to utilise a combination of formal proceedings (including court and arbitral proceedings) and all aspect of alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation and adjudication.
We are looking to recruit an associate for the Manchester Litigation team who has experience working on commercial litigation matters. It is essential that you have the core skills, quality and versatility to work on any type of commercial litigation and arbitration.
Any successful application will need the following skills:
- Ability to support cases across a broad range of commercial litigation issues.
- The ability to manage aspects of complex cases and clients, with proven negotiation skills.
- Displays a knowledge of key areas of the law by providing clear, precise, practical advice.
- The ability to liaise effectively with other fee earners from within the group, but also to liaise and coordinate with fee earners from other relevant disciplines and jurisdictions as required.
- Be keen to operate in a challenging, team-based environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
- at least 6 months' experience of commercial litigation gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
- clear understanding of the operation and structure of a Top 20 law firm
- ability to achieve continuous improvement and development
Addleshaw Goddard is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and communities