Paralegal - Real Estate – Commercial Conveyancing
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to provide effective real estate paralegal support for commercial clients and in particular for a large national landowner client, and additional property support as required.
- Working as part of a team of paralegals, this role will include examination of and reporting on titles, drafting and negotiation documentation for the clients' transactions and dealing with registration as appropriate.
- To carry out colleague instructions on client matters and ensure work is carried out accurately and completed within required deadlines
- To prioritise and deal with incoming correspondence to clients / other solicitors and ensure that responses are provided within required timescales
- To draft documentation and correspondence to clients / other solicitors ensuring all salient points are covered accurately and clearly
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Ideally significant experience in commercial conveyancing paralegal work gained in a similar commercial law firm environment. There will be a reasonable focus on rural properties and as such experience of examining such titles would be advantageous.
- Conveyancing paralegal qualification
- Ability to apply own legal initiative as an integral member of the team
- Proven ability to communicate well at all levels
- Enthusiasm and a desire to enjoy client contact, with ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients of all levels
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise effectively
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with clients matters
- Strong aspirations to achieve
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.