Business Administration Apprenticeship
About Gowling WLG
An award-winning, creative thinking law firm with a breadth of big-name clients, we're in the market for talented, ambitious apprentices, keen to learn and develop within expert legal & business services teams. We have a unique open collective culture where, as apprentice, you'll be inspired by everyone around you. We are delighted to have ranked in the Great Places to Work survey for the 18th consecutive year in 2018.
A university education isn’t for everyone- some people want to get out there and start working and earning straight away. Here you can obtain highly sought after qualifications, alongside a salaried career and invaluable experience in a commercial environment.
About the Team
If you are unsure of what career path to take and would like to explore a variety of opportunities, getting involved in diverse and exciting work, then our one-year Business Services Apprenticeship is for you. We are taking apprentices into the following teams:
- Business Information Systems (IT)
- Business Development and Corporate Communications
- Diversity, Inclusion & Corporate Responsibility
Main Purpose of the Job
Working within one of the business areas as listed above, the Business Services Apprentice will provide timely, high quality and effective administration services across all areas whilst studying a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Dependant on the teams you choose, duties may include:
- Provide administration and customer service support to our legal teams on matters such as Finance or IT
- Work on projects to improve the operational efficiency of the firm
- Support the teams with internal processes and systems
- Assist with research to help inform business decisions
- Help with arranging client and supplier event management
- Support our marketing activities with digital and website activities
Key skills and experience
The successful Apprentice will:
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and maintain a high level of quality at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be proactive and willing to learn
- Willing to challenge the norm and think broadly to find innovative solutions to complex problems
- Be prepared to go the extra mile.
- Have 5 GCSE’s (grade A* - C) including maths and English
- Have knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word and Excel
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
At Gowling WLG we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our aim is to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.
More searches like this
- Trainees & Graduate Positions Other Professional jobs in Birmingham
- Other Graduate Positions Other Professional jobs in Birmingham
- Human Resources Other Professional jobs in Birmingham
- Marketing and Communications Other Professional jobs in Birmingham
- Business Development Other Professional jobs in Birmingham