Mid-Level Debt Capital Markets Lawyer
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Our Debt Capital Markets team is consistently ranked as a Tier 1 practice in the UK, Europe and globally. We are at the forefront of market trends and developments and have a strong bench of practitioners who are recognised in the market as leaders in the field.
Our global network of regulatory and capital markets lawyers are at the forefront of developments that are shaping the market and are working closely with our clients to navigate the sea of regulatory changes.
• Finance: Debt Capital Markets (Tier 1) - Legal500 2017
• Capital Markets: Debt (Band 1) – Chambers 2017
• Debt and Equity linked team of the year – IFLR Europe awards 2018
We have market-leading experience advising both issuers and underwriters across the whole spectrum of debt capital markets products including:
• investment grade bonds;
• regulatory capital and hybrid transactions;
• liability management;
• Eurobonds and EMTN programmes;
• equity-linked products;
• green bonds, sovereign issues and emerging markets issuances;
• project bonds and high yield bonds.
Due to sustained growth across our key product areas, a rare opportunity has arisen for an ambitious candidate to support the continued development of our business.
Lawyers are given the chance to handle a tremendous variety of work and the partners actively work towards ensuring individual lawyers receive a diverse mix of work. You will be given responsibility for running transactions and working closely with clients and other lawyers. This means that you will develop outstanding transaction management and organisational skills as well as developing superb technical abilities and strong client relationships.
• We are pioneers with unrivalled knowledge of the market and we have helped to shape market practice.
• You will work on ground breaking deals for top tier clients.
The range, calibre and international scope of our deal flow is unique -and makes us stand out from our competitors.
• We offer all our lawyers opportunity for secondment, whether to one of our overseas offices or to a London based client.
• We are proud of our reputation for being a very open, meritocratic and sociable group.
• We offer unrivalled training and development, both in terms of technical expertise and broader business skills.
• Our remuneration package is one of the most attractive in the market and includes significant potential for bonus
We are seeking outstanding mid level lawyers with proven debt capital markets experience to join our team.
In all cases you should have first class legal ability coupled with a practical commercial approach, excellent drafting and communication skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines and enjoy being part of a diverse and outgoing team.
More specifically you will have experience of drafting key bond documentation, including terms and conditions, subscription agreements, prospectuses, opinions and other documents. You will be confident offering clear and tailored commercial advice, and able to present complex issues clearly.
Your experience will probably have been gained at a leading practice with a reputation for work in debt capital markets.
A strong academic history is essential.
In order to provide outstanding client service, we need to understand, anticipate and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this "Client Focus" and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit lawyers who not only have the very highest level of technical skills but are also Client Focused.
We are looking for lawyers who:
- can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to learn about our clients' business;
- can work in teams, sharing knowledge and motivating and coaching their juniors and contributing to overall success;
- are empathetic, responsive and reliable;
- are commercial and innovative in the solutions they deliver to clients;
- are good at fostering relationships with clients;
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.