Capital Markets Senior Associate / Of Counsel
The Derivatives and Structured Finance team at Norton Rose Fulbright enjoys a leading reputation driven by strong relationships with clients, excellent client service and expertise in structuring highly complex transactions. Our clients include a wide range of investment banks, commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions, as well as end-users. We act on a wide range of matters covering the full range of derivatives and structured finance products, alongside our complementary securitisation and capital markets practices.
We are currently seeking to expand our team with the hire of a Senior Associate or Of Counsel . The individual will advise on a variety of derivatives and structured finance matters including complex OTC derivatives transactions; derivatives clearing; hedging (with a particular focus on project financings and securitisations); repos and securities lending; repackagings and structured finance transactions, from term sheet stage, through to closing and post-closing.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong technical knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework surrounding derivatives and structured finance
- Possess strong commercial / business acumen – demonstrate an interest in and understanding of the markets in which clients and their counterparties operate, the commercial drivers of individual transactions and the economics of the individual features of those transactions
- Possess strong time and workflow management skills with an ability to effectively work under pressure in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Possess strong drafting skills
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Be focused on providing a top-tier client offering
- Have a “can do” attitude, including in working with bespoke or novel products or transactions which are outside of the normal comfort zone
- Communicate effectively on both a practical and intellectual level
- Manage transactions with support commensurate to Senior Associate / Of Counsel level
- Demonstrate an interest in, and an aptitude for, developing the firm’s business
- Have a willingness and aptitude to share knowledge and expertise with junior members of the team
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.