Lawyer - Finance, Projects & Restructuring (FPR)
As a Lawyer within the Finance, Projects & Restructuring (FPR) department in our Brussels office, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of services to our clients. You will be tasked with preparing legal advice and developing your talents as a Lawyer before the Belgian courts, both in court cases and in insolvency proceedings. In collaboration with the Partners, you will assist our clients and advise them on strategic advice with regards to restructuring, refinancing, collateral and insolvency proceedings.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving the litigation, restructuring and insolvency matters
- Liaise with partners to receive necessary inputs where needed
- Collaborate closely with the team to discuss case strategy and risks
- Assist clients and advise them on restructuring, refinancing, collateral and insolvency proceedings
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Belgian Master’s degree in Law, and an additional degree abroad
- You have excellent legal and technical skills
- Native speaker French, with fluency in Dutch and English (verbal and written)
- Well organised, proactive, flexible, and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced international environment
- You know how to prioritise and efficiently deal with complex files
- Accuracy, confidentiality and punctuality are second nature to you
- Keen on working in a dynamic yet demanding and rewarding context
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.