Junior Lawyer - Finance, Projects & Restructuring (FPR) and Capital Markets
As a Junior Lawyer with experience in Finance, Projects and Restructuring or Capital Markets, you will be joining our young, dynamic and successful Finance, Projects & Restructuring (FPR) department in Luxembourg. The position will be focused on cross-border finance transactions (structured finance, real estate finance or leveraged finance), restructuring work, or capital markets matters, depending on your profile and preferences.
We strive to be business partners to our clients to apply sound commercial judgment to client's legal decisions. Our market leading presence allows us first-hand access to contacts, sponsors, and key decision makers worldwide. In Luxembourg, our team has a wealth of local knowledge and is connected to the DLA Piper offices around the world where our clients frequently look to invest.
We are looking to recruit a bright and ambitious Lawyer. The position offers an excellent opportunity for development and progression within a supportive and team player environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for a broad range of work, including:
- Providing legal advice to our worldwide client base in FPR or Capital Market matters
- Developing expertise in the Finance Services and Real Estate sectors. The same shall apply to financial regulatory matters
- Creating bridges with other DLA Piper offices to provide first class service to our clients
- To a high degree responsible for handling cross-border matters and communicating with clients
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Master’s degree in law and possibly an additional degree abroad
- Ability to show evidence of a strong academic track record
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience in many aspects of Banking & Finance law (financial transactions, financial regulations, PPP financing projects and/or capital markets)
- Excellent technical, legal skills
- Native French or German or ideally both with excellent command of English
- Well organised, proactive, flexible team player
- Able to handle files independently – although you will always receive guidance when needed
- Ability to prioritise and manage effectively multiple and complex tasks
- Accuracy, confidentiality and punctuality are familiar to you
- You wish to work in a dynamic yet demanding environment and context
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.