Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Purpose of role
Working in the largest law firm in the world, the Proposals Manager will manage strategic and complex proposals, often covering multiple practices and many countries and Dentons regions. They will also advise on and implement measures to constantly improve Dentons Proposals function. This is a challenging and interesting role that will involve both hands-on and strategic elements to it. The Proposals Manager will provide partners, lawyers and other members of the firm with advice on best practice across the entire proposals process.
Work as a key member of the proposals team to promote best practice across the entire proposals process. The Proposals Manager's main tasks include:
- Project managing proposals, including leading and facilitating meetings and ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Scoping opportunities effectively. From client engagement, client, sector and competitor research and encouraging more rigour around the firm's go/no go procedure
- Producing tailored win strategies, including unique sales propositions, compelling and profitable pricing models and persuasive added value propositions
- Creating high quality, tailored pitch content and documentation
- Providing pitch meeting coaching that genuinely challenges and improves the performance of pitch teams
- Obtaining insightful client feedback and acting on it accordingly to constantly improve the way in which we pitch
- Delivering hands on proposals work that adds real value by bringing energy, ideas, creativity and boldness to the shaping of strategically important bids
BD systems and reporting
- Working with the Digital team and the wider Global Proposals Team to continually improve pitch management systems and to ensure the efficient and timely production of proposals and reports
- Reviewing on an ongoing basis of pitch templates, structures and content to ensure consistency and best practice
- Keeping up-to-date with market best practice and developments in relation to proposals
- Day-to-day oversight of the proposals work done by the support team in Warsaw (individuals dedicated to supporting on proposal documentation, CVs and capability)
- Being an active member of the BD management team at Dentons to help instill a culture of team work and collegiality
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Very strong proposals capability and experience within an international, preferably global professional services environment – ideally within the legal sector
- Experience of leading the management of complex, multi-service line, multi-jurisdictional proposal opportunities
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity, project management skills and coaching experience
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail are pre-requisites
- Significant experience of procurement-led proposal processes a major advantage
- Strong experience of producing profitable pricing models and added value propositions
- Excellent people skills – also experience of managing individuals who are not direct reports
- CIM qualification or other marketing qualification would be desirable but not essential
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.