Lawyer - IPT
As a mid to senior level Lawyer - IPT within DLA Piper, your role will involve a mixed workload of national and international contentious and non-contentious work. The role is highly versatile and covers all aspects of Intellectual Property and Technology law. This is a unique and challenging role in an international office. You will have the opportunity to work with top lawyers in the sector and develop your own skills in a very interesting and challenging environment.
DLA Piper's Intellectual Property and Technology department within the firm is universally recognized by the legal rankings as being one of the "top tier" firms across all of our core areas of operation. Our intellectual property and technology law practice is at the core of any major business transaction or strategic dispute, and has become one of the most critical legal areas as companies continue to expand and protect their technologies, brands, products, data and services around the globe.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working on major and repeat mandates for blue chip/household name clients, across a range of different sectors, but particularly including banking, investment funds, insurance, technology suppliers, consumer and retail
- Regularly advising e on data protection (including GDPR implementation), large scale outsourcing projects, cloud and digital transformation and service contracts
- Working as part of the Luxembourg team, reporting to the IPT Partner. There would be a mix of work where you would effectively have sole responsibility of the day to day progress of a matter (albeit ultimately reporting to the relevant matter partner), and working as a member of a team on the larger engagements
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Candidates who have between 3 to 6 years's PQE experience, are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role (experience in contentious matters would be advantageous).
In addition you will:
- Have a Master's Degree from a French speaking country and possibly an additional degree from an English speaking country
- Native French speaker with an excellent command of English. A good command of German is a big plus
- Have strong data protection and IT contracting experience
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to our clients
- Commercially astute and staying current on key legal and business news
- Have excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines within our fast moving environment
- Have a demonstrable interest in marketing and business development, and a desire to help drive the practice forward
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior members of the team
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.