DLA Piper is looking to hire an Experienced Lawyer with at least five years' relevant experience for the department of Intellectual Property & Technology in Brussels. Within this department you will have a versatile role that covers all aspects of Intellectual Property and Technology law, in particular electronic commerce, privacy and data protection, e-contracts and copyright.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a unique and challenging role in an international office. You will have the opportunity to work with top lawyers in the sector and develop your own skills in a very interesting and challenging environment.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Strategically advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Liaising and taking instruction from clients
- Attending client meetings
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of a personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
You are an organised and flexible team player who feels at home in an international context.
- Belgian Master's Degree in Law
- At least 5 years' relevant experience
- Knowledge of specific topics (such as electronic invoicing, electronic signatures, e-government, outsourcing and open source software)
- Knowledge of related jurisdictions (such as telecom, media and consumer law) or court proceedings is a plus
- Experience with complex research assignments for national or international authorities
- Excellent legal skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.