Restructuring Paralegal (B4)
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries all over the world. We’re built on the work of talented and motivated people, in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We operate at the forefront of the legal industry, and our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We’re thoughtful and inventive, and we’ve developed a culture of in which difference and openness is positively valued, where people are free to be themselves. We’re one global team, supportive and collaborative but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
The Restructuring group is continually ranked in the top tier of all the leading guides and is consistently named as the leading restructuring and insolvency practice in the United Kingdom. The group is also heavily involved with 'new money' work, which ranges from high profile public bids and project financing, to secured and unsecured syndicated loans and a wide variety of structured financings and refinancings. The group often works on deals which require liaising closely with other areas of work in the firm's Banking practice, and analysing insolvency related issues arising from complex structured finance transactions.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Restructuring team within the Banking Department in London on a full time, 6 month contract (with a view to this being extended). The role will consist of providing support services to fee earners and senior PSLs.
Role and responsibilities
• Establishing, updating and/or maintaining a number of client – facing and internal websites
• Collating information to assist with drafting and amending precedents, practice notes and training materials
• Processing changes and submissions to the Know-How system and assisting with the updating of SFPs
• Assisting with the administration and organisation of know-how materials for presentations
• Maintaining aspects of the Restructuring library
• Producing drafts of articles and internal alerts
• Responding to queries, general paralegal duties and support; and ad-hoc projects and legal research
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and to prioritise tasks
• Ability to work hard within a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
• Organised and methodical approach to work
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
Who we are looking for
• 2:1 law degree or equivalent
• Prior experience of working as a Paralegal either at A&O or another firm preferred
• High level of computer literacy
• Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a professional manner
• Team Player
• High levels of initiative
• Willingness to learn