Functional Analyst (9month FTC)
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
To provide high quality expert financial systems support to users. To proactively assist in training and user education. To create and maintain administration and user documentation. Aid in the identification of functional improvements and participate in their design, testing and implementation. Provide project support for solution implementations and rollouts.
Manager, Functional Analysts Team, Financial Systems Group, Technology, Internal clients
Role and responsibilities
– Manage 3E support calls in a timely manner using the agreed incident management processes and systems
– Recording, monitoring and escalation of software bugs and issues
– Manage user expectations in a professional and customer orientated manner to provide a high quality customer service
– Continuously strive to improve service, processes and use of Finance Systems
– Daily monitoring and maintenance of the Finance Systems
– Assist in the maintenance and coordination of system setups and security
– Actively engage in projects being undertaken to improve finance systems
– Assist with the design of functional improvements and provide software testing to ensure solution meets requirements and is ready for implementation
– Aid in the identification of functional improvements by business partnering with BA and Development teams, and subsequent logging of changes within development tracking systems
– Aid in the identification of areas for performance improvement and assist IT in the analysis and testing of subsequent solutions
– Perform the 3E month-end and year-end processes (on a rota basis)
– Develop a deep understanding of customised Elite 3E solution and peripheral integrated systems
– Create and maintain administration and user documentation. Ensure all relevant documentation is stored and published within appropriate systems (i.e. virtual files and Intranet)
– Assist in the creation and maintenance of training documentation and scripts. Assist in the provision of training courses as required, to ensure all Finance users have the appropriate knowledge for their role
– Support and provide cover for other Functional Analysts within the Finance Systems Group team
– Experience of a recognised legal finance system is required. However, Elite 3E finance and practice management systems experience is a considerable advantage.
– Excellent understanding of financial information systems
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills and must be self-motivated and proactive
– Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with excellent time management skills
– Although teamwork is vital, needs to be able to work on their own, therefore taking the initiative and having a desire to get the job done
– Ability to adapt to and implement change
– A flexible approach and a can do attitude a must
– Experience working in a global organisation with complex structures
– Ability to work with others remotely essential as team is split over multiple locations and the reach of the support provided is global.
– Experience within a support and training function
– Preference given to candidates with an accounting qualification and experience